YOUTH & FAMILY MINISTRY
BUILDING THE BRIDGE FOR TOMORROW
The Youth & Family Ministry exists to provide our youth & families the opportunities, experiences and activities to participate in church life, develop their own faith, share their gifts and apply Christianity to every area of their life.
In a nutshell, we achieve this on several levels:
1. SPIRITUALLY: To guide the youth to spiritual maturity by encouraging them to develop reliance on God and intimacy with Him; to support their spiritual growth and Christian walk through focused bible study, prayer and worship?
2. SOCIALLY: To encourage the formation of caring relationships at home, school, church and within the broader community; to discourage the trend of “spectatorship” and promote active participation in planned programs.
3. PERSONALLY: To teach the importance of a godly character by presenting opportunities to account for and be accountable to others, and creating a “no-embarrassment” zone where they can expect that the truth will always be spoken in love.
4. ACADEMICALLY: To foster aspirations to academic excellence by highlighting achievements and offering incentives to deserving recipients.
5. PHYSICALLY: To provide information and counsel regarding a balanced healthy lifestyle augmented by planned activities.
"I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one."